POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture : Re: Texture Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Feb 2005 15:18:42
Message: <4213aaa2@news.povray.org>
Okay. Good that you think it'll work for you. I thought afterward that I
should maybe have said something about the "alpha.png" being used for both
height_field and pigment, along the lines of: it might not do well to use
the same exact image file because of the HF using a specific color=height
thing. Probably not always going to work right. And water_level I gave it
would drop any dark parts- including those that are in your logo/symbol.
Best thing would be a cutout kind of image so whole thing is just black and
white, that way you have a reasonably good edge for the graphic your trying
to create the extrusion for.

Not always easy to convey every detail for a new POV-Ray user. Good to read
the documentation for what you find in the scripts, in order to get the
details figured out or move on to the next question.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the offer to see the result but no need to do that.
Unless you want to post at povray.binaries.images, of course.

Bob Hughes